Wednesday, July 24, 2013

TOO HUMAN



What the game says it is: In the hands of one god rests the fate of all mankind. You play as Baldur the youngest Aesir and ODIN'S favorite son. You are also the most beloved amongst the humans. You fight to destroy the different machine threats suck as goblins, dark elves and trolls amonst other threats such as Loki, his daughter and her hordes.


What the game actually is: It is a combined shooter, hack and slash that has large RPG elements. You level up and can put points in skills. You can also, to some extent, craft and customize weapons and armor infusing some with runes of power.


Graphic and sound: The graphics are good and the cinematics are nicely rendered. The sounds are also good although certain levels the music can be annoying after a bit. All characters have vocies that add depth and do not distract from the story.

How game play was: The controls are interesting having your gun being the RT button and melee being the right control stick which take a bit of getting used to. Once you get the hang of it you can do some fun moves like launching your enemies up in the air and then juggling and keeping them in the air by shooting them depending on how many enemies were swarming me I would do this repeatedly to one enemy until it dies and fades away, which can be lots of fun.

The good: The game is fairly easy to learn to play despite the difference in controls from most games I have played. The story is really an interesting take on Norse Mythology.


The bad: Hordes of enemies can quickly overtake and bring you down, happening just about every battle in the game.


The ugly: Every time you go down and temporally die you are lifted right back to battle by a valkyrie. You can't skip this sequence and it can get frustrating fast, especially in the latter levels were I died a lot. 


The cinematics overall are good  but can't really be skipped. Although you can adjust the camera angles getting onto the right target area agansit a troll, which is important to defeat, can be a little bit more difficult then it should be.


Overall: This is one of the few games that I read the review before I bought the game, I usually don't do this as I like to judge games on their own merits and not off a comparison to other games, which a lot of reviews tend to do. The review was pretty negative towards the game with grips about graphics and the ending and story in genral as well as what I have put in the ugly.


I liked this game, it was interesting and fun with a lot of different aspects that i enjoy in games. It is one that I have played many times when reaching difficult spots in other games I am trying to beat. I still have fun with this game and I am trying to get the rest of the achievements. This game has a multiplayer and co-op modes that unfortunately I still havnt been able to play online.

PTSD: 4

Why I rated it: The shooting, explosions as well as the constant swarm of enemies and the death comments of the human warriors you take with you on your missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment