Thursday, July 18, 2013

HOMEFRONT




What the game says it is: A first person shooter set in America that has become a third world country and taken over by Korea. 


What the game actually is: A first person shooter with a bit of a story behind how the USA became the downtrodden battle field for a resistance moment against Korean troops that occupy the land.

Graphic and sound: The graphics and sound are pretty good with a gritty realistic look to things such as people and weapons.

How game play was: The game play was good with the controls being fairly straight forward the subject matter was also. It was hard for me to get through the games storyline due to the subject matter.

The good: The games controls were not hard to learn while the enemy was still hard to overcome.

The bad: The story focuses more on one of the computer controlled characters then on you.

The ugly: The helicopter part was more difficult and lengthy then it was enjoyable.

Overall: It is a good game although I was disappointed that by the time i got my hands on it the multiplayer was useless because there was no one online to play it. 

PTSD rating: 9

Why I rated: I would have to rate this game a 9 for the subject matter and the mass grave you hide in pretending you're dead to the semi-realistic weapons and the deaths of civilians along with blood and gore throughout the game. 

I ended up selling this game back to gamestop so that I could pick a different game that might not trigger my PTSD like this one did. When I purchased it I didn't think it would effect me like it did. It ended up bringing up too many bad images and memories from my time in Iraq.

No comments:

Post a Comment